Atlanta, GA Full Time
12 days ago
At Big Nerd Ranch we specialize in developing business-building mobile and web apps for our clients. We then teach students what we’ve learned through our signature immersive bootcamps, and every year we release new books in our best-selling series of Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
How do we do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. And then we live our values of being brilliant, kind, and hardworking.
We’re looking for Nerds who are as passionate as we are about writing stylish code on the most exciting platforms. Engineers who want to be amongst the smartest, kindest people they know.
As a developer, you will...
- Implement and test responsive web front-ends for desktop, tablet, and smartphone browsers.
- Write stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements), tests and code.
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate closely with teammates on the development and maintenance of internal tools.
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, contributing to open source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
As a candidate, you...
- Have experience with Ruby, and have deployed web applications built with Ruby on Rails to production.
- Enjoy translating UI/UX wireframes into clean and efficient Sass/CSS.
- Have a passion for helping others and have the ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
You might also...
- Have created APIs that conform to the JSON API spec.
- Have interest in mobile development (e.g. Swift/iOS, Kotlin/Android, or React Native).
- Enjoy teaching others and can clearly describe complicated software to your fellow developers.
- Have a passion for speaking publicly or blogging regularly.
The benefits we offer...
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
At the Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, most kind, and hardest working nerds in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world. Are you up to the challenge?