Junior Data Engineer
Bankrate is a technology company committed to producing the most reliable, personalizable and highest quality content and data to serve the financial needs of consumers. We rely on a talented team of expert technologists who help Bankrate learn from a wide variety of data, both internal and external, as well as structured, semi structured and unstructured sources of data.
Bankrate seeks a Junior Data Engineer to join its top notch Data Engineering team to help build out a world class data platform to enable reporting, data sciences, and analytics to meet its challenges.
- Create and manage data pipelines using methods such as stream processing.
- Author data services using a variety of programming languages.
- Work with a wide variety of data related technologies such as Elasticsearch, Kafka/Kinesis platforms, Spark, Snowflake, and others.
- Work in an Agile environment
- Ensure data quality and help in achieving data governance
- Communicate results and impact to business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other teams to tailor data products accordingly.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
- 0-3 years of data engineering experience. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Experience with an object oriented programming language. Python, Golang, Node, or Scala are preferred.
- Familiarity with cloud architecture, preferably AWS.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in data to relevant stakeholders.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Proven record of solving challenging problems in academia and/or industry.
- Eagerness to collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues across various organizations.