Jr. Web Programmer
Newton, NJ Full Time
Jr.DevJobs Estimate: $56,987
17 days ago
The position is responsible for developing innovative, reusable Web-Based tools. Our web developers develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, UI design and database administration are all elements of this position. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools.
- Work to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to Development Team.
- Communication to the Development Team with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to merging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- 0-3 years of experience in web programming or related field.
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience desirable but not required:
- HTML/XHTML and CSS;
- Web programming experience with ColdFusion or related language;
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL;
- Agile/Scrum experience.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities