Junior QA Tester
Short Hills, NJ Full Time
Jr.DevJobs Estimate: $56,987
29 days ago
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
The responsibilities of the QA tester are to ensure the successful implementation of customer requirements and to ensure our applications and systems are working as expected. Responsibilities includes the following activities: understand systems and requirements, create test strategies, create test plans, create and execute test cases, track execution, manage the testing defect life-cycle and provide testing status reports. Must be able to work closely with developers, business partners, other technology teams as well as offshore team members to ensure testing is accurate and completed on time while following defined testing procedures.
QA team members will focus on:
- Becoming familiar with our company culture and values
- Adopting our "customer-focused" philosophy
- Developing a solid, professional working relationship with business and technology teams
- Understanding our environment and systems
- Analyzing and interpreting customer requirements
- Creating documentation and test cases to ensure requirements are met
- Following established testing processes and procedures and have a strong interest in learning skills such as Agile, JIRA and automated software testing.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, industry experience in a related field and/or have a strong interest in the use and application of software technology.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience with such testing tools as QC and JIRA.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience with SQL and billing related testing
- Experience with software testing and or software quality assurance a plus.
- Experience with test automation a plus.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be proficient with computer software.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to clearly document and trouble shoot issues.
- Must have the ability and desire to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Must be flexible and a team player willing to do what is necessary to get the job done.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.