Junior Python Developer
Redwood City, CA Full Time
Degree Not Required
Jr.DevJobs Estimate: $64,206
13 days ago
At BlueVine, we’re transforming how businesses get access to working capital financing. Founded in 2013, our online lending platform has helped 10,000+ business owners simplify their cashflow management, boost growth, and take advantage of new opportunities. As a leading FinTech company, we’re backed by Menlo Ventures, LightSpeed Ventures, 83North, Silicon Valley Bank, Citi Ventures, among other notable investors. Our clients love us, the market we’re going after is huge, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for exceptional people to help deliver the next generation of business financing solutions. We are a group of fun, creative, and motivated people that like to tackle challenges head on. If you have a strong desire to be part of a small, agile team, in an exciting and growing space, you’ll find your next job at BlueVine.
As a developer at BlueVine you will be an important part of leading our platform development, and be a key member of our tech team.
What You'll Do:
- Architect and build state-of-the-art web & mobile application using a variety of languages and tools.
- Build distributed backend application in the cloud.
- Understand repeatable automated processes for building the application, test it, document it, and deploy it at scale.
- A desire to work as part of a growing, fast-paced, and highly-flexible team.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product designers and other stakeholders in the company.
- Be able to develop a project through its entire lifecycle.
- Have strong attention to details, a strong sense of ownership, pride in the quality of one's work and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as draft specifications, architect solutions, define timelines, advise on industry best practice and problems to be solved.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to a fast-paced development environment.
What We Look For:
- Knowledge of Python (1+ years)
- Experience with Celery, RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
- Knowledge of ORM, SQL and Data Modeling
- Experience with TDD and ability to write quality unit tests
- Experience with AWS, cloud deployments, devops and web security
BlueVine’s mission is to help business owners succeed and thrive by making sure they have convenient access to capital for their everyday funding needs. We’ve helped thousands of businesses since we started in 2013, funding more than $1 billion in working capital through our pioneering online platform. Our invoice factoring product allows business to receive cash advances on their outstanding invoices, offering factoring lines of up to $5 million. Our business line of credit product, called Flex Credit, offers financing based on 6-month and 12-month payment terms, and credit lines of up to $250,000. Based in Redwood City, Calif., BlueVine is backed by leading venture capital firms.