Entry Level DevOps Engineer
Reston, VA Full Time
Jr.DevJobs Estimate: $70,614
18 days ago
Perfect Sense is a full-service product company that capitalizes on its enterprise digital application development platform, Brightspot, to drive innovations in web and mobile development for corporations worldwide. Perfect Sense originally created and now actively supports the Brightspot platform, which powers dynamic and highly engaging consumer experiences.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be instrumental in creating and maintaining the systems that power the sites managed by Perfect Sense. Like traditional operations, you will develop an understanding of the systems underpinning Brightspot by working on OS-level components and utilities. You will also develop an understanding of how Brightspot itself operates to help our developers work even more closely with their code. Using both internally developed and off-the-shelf, open-source software, you’ll solve problems critical to Perfect Sense and its customers.
- Creation, monitoring, and upkeep of infrastructure backing customer websites
- Management of internal infrastructure
- Automate common operations on critical systems in a safe and reliable manner
- Field and respond to client requests and questions
- Respond to emergencies in a timely manner
- Be part of an on-call rotation
- Any familiarity with the following technologies in our stack: Linux, git, Ruby, Chef, Bash, AWS, Docker, MySQL Administration, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Solr, ElasticSearch, Graylog, Kibana, Zabbix
- Basic knowledge of computer networking
- Ability to articulate concepts/ideas
- Work effectively with others, even in high-pressure situations
- Work independently but still confer with others and review their work
- Ability to solve problems dynamically and troubleshoot software effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills