Junior Digital Developer
New York, NY Full Time
Degree Not Required
Jr.DevJobs Estimate: $70,380
27 days ago
Scholastic is looking for a junior digital developer interested in creating educational games and web support for teachers to use with classroom products. Our target audience is age 4-12, with a focus on early childhood. This role will work closely with product teams to create interactive educational elements that support educational products for Scholastic Classroom Magazines (https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com).
- Partnering with creative teams to translate designs into interactive web format
- Support division’s development initiatives, including web development and analytics
- Work alongside other developers to troubleshoot, and both learn and educate through collaboration, taking an active and insightful role in group discussions
HOW YOU CAN FIT
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter who understands general OOP practices, capable of learning existing systems, incorporating new solutions, and expanding our group’s output and expertise
- Working knowledge of Adobe Animate and create.js is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with any of the following tools or skills is also helpful but not required: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, sass, git, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, AEM, content management systems, Java, audio editing, UI/UX, npm
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presentation, candidate should be comfortable brainstorming and presenting with different types of teams (creative, editorial, and tech)
- Attentive to detail with a strong intellectual curiosity, interested in continued learning
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
- 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
- Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.