Entry Level Application Developer
Memphis, TN Full Time
Degree Not Required
25 days ago
As an Applications Developer I, you would work as a part of a dynamic team with a focus on writing code and developing applications leveraging multiple tools, languages, processes, and technologies.
- Develop new and/or enhance existing application or system code as assigned or provided in technical specifications
- Perform the day to day functions such as running of existing programs, applications, jobs, reviewing logs for errors, writing or editing software and code, performing testing activities, and updating documentation
- Coordinate activities with other technical and functional areas as required
- Work may include sensitive healthcare information, data, trends, or claims
Positions in this function are predominantly involved in developing business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ year experience in full Software Development Life Cycle
- Previous experience working as a database developer
- Development experience within a collaborative environment
- Experience developing or programming within Pick System/multivalued database environments
- Healthcare industry claims processing experience
- Experience with Universe and/or D3
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.