Jr. Developer/Business Analyst
Churchill Downs Incorporated
Our team goal is to provide highly technical fully automated information processing systems to help our partners be successful in their various businesses. The Jr. Developer / Analyst will work as a part of a larger team to communicate system and data operations and ultimately cooperate in the design and the development of custom solutions, automated processes and reporting methods. The candidate will work across a range of technologies and interact with stakeholders and partners across the company. The perfect candidate can apply a breadth of knowledge, business process determination, and strategic thinking to provide feedback on data and system operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with peers and team members to provide complete daily data in operational data systems.
- Work with high accuracy and completeness (validation)
- Work with emphasis on timeliness of daily data entry, validation and completion.
- Improves process operations by conducting process analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures and creating systems.
- Personable demeanor that can work simultaneously with various business groups and interact with internal and external customers.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be working towards (or have complete) a software development certification or Bachelor of Science in Information Science/Systems.
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience in working with customers and team members.
- Ability to maintain a high energy level in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must pay attention to details and be “detail oriented.”
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate with customers and team members.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Ability to create a positive and upbeat work environment and must have strong work ethic
- Some experience in application dev. and business process analysis and automation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to accurately manipulate a computer keyboard; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.