Entry Level Java Developer
Fort Knox, KY Full Time
9 days ago
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 0 years related experience.
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field. Four (4) additional years' of related experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with "can do" attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen - No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract .
- Must be CompTIA Security certified.
- Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
- 0 years of software development experience developing Java web applications (School experience considered).
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
- Oracle Certified Associate Java 1.8 or Oracle Certified Professional Java 1.8.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar).
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Knox, KY
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
SAIC is seeking an Entry Level Java Developer to join our team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the Army Recruiting Support Branch.