Entry Level Engineering Opportunity (internal t...
Peoples Natural Gas
At Peoples, we are more than just an energy provider. We are a company that is truly passionate about serving our customers.
Peoples Natural Gas is an energy company in Pennsylvania, providing Western Pennsylvania with clean, safe and reliable natural gas for more than 130 years and has a combined workforce of almost 1,300 employees. Peoples has been a committed partner and leader in the natural gas industry, currently providing reliable energy to more than 700,000 customers. Our mission of Making Lives Better is redefining the way we serve our customers. We are committed to being an environmental leader utilizing technology and innovation to create cleaner, more reliable energy sources.
Our employees are rewarded with the opportunity for advancement and to gain experience in a variety of interesting roles. We offer a competitive salary, annual bonus program and a comprehensive benefits package. Health benefits are comprised of medical, dental and vision coverage, including the option for family coverage. In addition, employees are compensated with vacation, paid holidays, sick pay, life insurance, LTD insurance, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Peoples is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons, regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Peoples Natural Gas is committed as an equal opportunity employer. To maintain the integrity of the recruitment process and to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest due to employment and/or assignment of family members and personal referrals, specific guidelines apply to the hiring and assignment of these individuals, including, but not limited to:
- Family members cannot result in a supervisor/subordinate reporting relationship
- Family members cannot work in the same department
2. Assist with maintaining engineering and operating records, and line pockets as required by state and federal codes.
3. Provide technical support in material, SOP's DOT 192, and other related codes and standards, and operations standards.
4. Develop bid packages for contractor projects; help coordinate bid specs, bid viewings, and bid evaluations.
5. Coordinate engineering and line pocket research as required for DOT reporting, Pigging operations, etc.
6. Provide technical support as necessary in emergencies and outages.
7. Provide design support to Engineering Operations (Corrosion, Damage Prevention, GM&R), Pipeline Integrity, Storage & Compression Engineering as required.
8. Design, estimate, assist and/or complete drawings for projects. Perform field work, as required.
9. Coordinate, inspect and/or participate in projects for compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, as well as interfacing with field crews, supervisors, contractors, and or customers to ensure timely progression and completion of projects.
10. Maintain accurate engineering records utilizing software and/or databases.Ensure compliance to company, federal & state codes.
11. Meet with project stakeholders in support of work completion, to include government officials, developers, contractors, etc.
12. Respond, with guidance, to calls from field crews, customers, external groups, etc. requiring gas operations information.
13. Actively participate in safety and training activities, audits, meetings, briefings, etc. with internal and external customers.
Knowledge of all state and federal guidelines (DOT, CFR, PUC, OSHA, etc.) relative to natural gas pipeline design and operations.
Knowledge of and understanding of pipeline and facility records, line pockets, SOP's, and codes and standards.
Strong planning and organizing skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to interpret and read maps, drawings, blue prints, etc.
Ability to organize and manage multiple projects.