Texell Credit Union
As a Junior Developer, you will:
- Learn a programming language that is proprietary to our core system. Don’t worry, we are going to help you and you’ll have resources.
- Make enhancements to our core system such as developing new pages, tracking systems and reports.
- Participate in new software development projects as developer, quality analyst, tester, or other roles.
- Create documentation for development projects to include manuals, procedures, and test scripts.
- Assist as 1st level reviewer of code developed by external developers.
- Work out of either our Temple headquarters or our Cedar Park location.
We need you to have:
- The ability to learn and apply new technical concepts quickly and independently.
- A working knowledge of front-end and back-end coding. Java and C# are probably the most applicable languages to what you will do here at Texell.
- 1-2 years’ experience in software development. Need is such a strong word. This is more of a shorthand code for where we expect the ideal candidate to be in their professional development. More or less experience is OK; we just want your knowledge base and confidence to be equivalent to someone with 1-2 year's experience.
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
We want you to know:
- Texell is a fast growing successful credit union, founded in 1948.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on cutting edge software solutions and to be recognized for your contributions.
- Texell is dedicated to making Central Texas better through active volunteerism.
- Texell offers top notch salary and benefits package.
- We would actually prefer you not know Fortran. If you want to program algorithms for computational fluid dynamics on your own time, good on you, but we don’t use it.