Java Developer - Junior
Arlington, VA Full Time
13 days ago
Do you want to join a collaborative, innovative team? Sevatec, Inc. is looking for a talented Software Engineer to design and implement solutions to challenging problems in support of a federal mission critical system. The successful candidate will be able to support a creative, dynamic Agile team in using cutting edge open source and cloud technologies to deliver Java applications.
- Deliver code using Agile methodology, including analyzing requirements, providing estimates, figuring out design/approach and alternatives if there any, developing code, and using CI/CD pipeline
- Deliver automated unit tests using JUnit
- Troubleshoot issues and provide alternatives and recommendations for resolution
- Perform code review using coding best practices
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field or 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Designing web based software systems, APIs
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience using tools such as Tomcat, AngularJS, VueJS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenShift Container Platform (OCP), Red Hat Linux, Jenkins, NodeJS
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a Government Agency Suitability Clearance.