Entry Level Carrier Capacity Representative
Mid America Logistics
Mid America is an asset based North American Logistics, Truckload Transportation services provider and developer of TMS software solutions based in St. Louis, Missouri. Working for a company dedicated to personal career growth and opportunity in moving the organization forward allows for a defined career path. As one the fastest growing transportation firms in the region and a Top Workplace for 2018 we provide an exciting and challenging work environment where being modern, intricate, conscientious, poised and noble define our core values. We have grown rapidly from $40M to over $130M of annualized revenues in the previous 18 months.
Our mission is to to deliver transportation solutions that are sustained through talented human capital, proprietary technology, teamwork and transparency.Mid America's vision is to streamline the logistics industry by creating financial stability and consistency through reinventing relationships and experiences. Achieving long-term growth and success for all partners within the supply chain while minimizing environmental impact.
What’s in it for you?
- Career development
- Team atmosphere
- Engaged coaches and mentors
- Growth culture
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
Mid America is currently looking for an entry level Carrier Capacity Representative to join our St. Louis, MO office.
Reporting to the Market Director, the Carrier Capacity Representative will work closely with the team and strategic carrier partners leveraging Mid America’s network freight for procurement events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with carriers to expand capacity opportunities
- Learn to understand market seasonality and industry trends
- Build and develop new carrier relationships to identify additional collaboration
- Secure necessary documents carrier set up process and assist carrier compliance
- Monitor load boards (external and internal) to match freight with carrier availability
- Extensive phone work to find carrier availability and negotiate freight rates
- Work quickly to identify and resolve problems that develop, notifying appropriate parties involved
- Sustain a positive attitude to communicate with carriers and Mid America staff
- Understand and navigate the technology and software and use it with in the company policies, procedures to meet goals
- Maintain confidentiality of company information
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 to 4-year degree (preferred but can be augmented with professional experience)
- Quick learner who is successful at multi-tasking
- Impressive negotiation skills
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and be driven to grow