Junior Software Developer
Dayton, OH Full Time
9 days ago
Junior Software Developer:
CDO Technologies seeks a Junior Software Developer to join a small, collaborative, and agile team. Projects typically include automatic-identification technologies (e.g. Radio Frequency Identification, barcode, GPS, etc.), Programmable Logic Controllers, mobile devices (i.e. both Android and iOS), SaaS frameworks, database integration, API development or usage, and enterprise platforms (e.g. Enterprise Resource Planning).
The Junior Software Developer will be responsible for developing improvements and updates to existing software applications, as well as undertaking assignments to create new software applications. Collaborating with other team members, the Junior Software Developer will participate in researching, designing, building, testing, documenting, deploying and supporting software solutions and related hardware technologies.
Specifically, the Junior Software Developer will contribute to the organization’s objectives by:
- Maintaining and modifying existing applications by developing feature enhancements and bug fixes.
- Creating new applications.
- Working both independently and with direction from others.
- Using agile methods and tools to code applications, test, document requirements and record activities.
- Participate in design meetings.
- Understand and follow software configuration management practices.
- Test coding enhancements.
- Prepare product documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong Java development skills (1-2 years).
- Android development.
- Requirements analysis.
- Relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Comfortable in a team environment.
- Written & verbal communication.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word).
- One to three years in a software development role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a program such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a technical field.