Jr AEM Platform Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
As an Jr AEM Platform Engineer you will participate in all aspects of the software development life-cycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of applications developed for Abbott Business units. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wire-frames and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
- The Adobe AEM Platform Engineer will play a vital role in the development, design, testing and deployment of Adobe Experience Management Web and Mobile solutions. You will work closely with clients, developers, system administrators, project managers, business analysts and end users to build a state-of-the-art Digital Platform using Adobe's Digital Marketing Product Suite.
- Design efficient content models, security models, workflows and templates.
- Develop AEM templates and components leveraging current AEM software releases
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse.
- Provide daily production support JAVA / AEM and problem resolution for assigned applications
- Provide consultation on complex projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Mobile Computing, Software Engineering or a related field of study
- Experience implementing Adobe AEM or similar web content management system (6.1 and later required; AEM 6.4 is a plus)
- Experience integrating Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics with AEM
- Experience with Adobe Target not required, but consider a huge plus
- Experience with AWS Platform (Cloud Front, Lambda, API Gateway, EC2)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- Experience working with geographically separate project teams
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Experience with secure coding practices
- Experience implementing web content management systems in a large corporate environment.
- Experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Excellent estimation abilities in scoping work in a highly complex environment
- Experience with web and application servers, such as Apache and Tomcat
- Exposure to open-source technologies
- Experience building, deploying and supporting Internet-facing applications
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Experience with Git, Bit Bucket or other software version control system
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline, e.g using Jenkins
- Experience with Java Unit Testing
- Can use responsive web design to create applications that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes/devices
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills with positive energy
- Experience with Agile development