Junior QA Automation Engineer
Woodbridge, NJ Full Time
13 days ago
Visual Lease is looking for a junior quality assurance automation engineer to add to our growing team. We design and build powerful, yet easy to use web-based software to manage commercial leases.
What You Will Do
Being part of a team means having a lot of responsibility, and a lot of influence over the technology organization. You will be directly contributing to the success of the team and the company in a highly visible way. As a member of the team, you will be working with talented developers to develop cutting edge applications using the latest in web development and database technologies.
Participate in the software testing process, including:
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including planning, design, implementation, and execution of manual and automated tests, defect logging and verification, and reporting results
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts
- Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements
- Coordinate with teams across the Software and Systems Group to assure end-to-end verification of functionality across all systems components
- Consistently improve test automation infrastructure and coverage
- Champion quality throughout the development process
What You Will Need
- 1-3 years testing experience preferably using tools like Selenium/WebDriver
- Some understanding of OO concepts and data structures
- Familiarity with SQL, databases, and data-driven automated tests
- Experience coding in C# or similar programming language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Critical thinker with proven problem solving abilities
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team environment
- Experience working with Version One or similiar Agile Management System
- Experience working with qTest Manager or similiar Test Case Management System
Why Work at Visual Lease
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way:
- We hire smart people.
- We encourage our team to raise their hand when they see opportunity to change our existing processes
- We value culture and believe our business thrives in the diversity of our teams.
- We offer company paid medical benefits that are designed to support our employees.
- We offer competitive salaries and a generous 401(k) employee matching program.
- We are a startup with a proven business model that's growing fast- really fast!
- We have Casual dress code (jeans are welcome).
- We have an amazing PTO Policy that allows you to rejuvenate throughout the year and take care of yourself and your family.
- We are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- We encourage creativity and embrace change.
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- We collaborate with our leadership team on a daily basis to ensure vision alignment and transparency as an organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.