Jr. Software Engineer, Java - ArcSight Security
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT — fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer to work on our ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) product, a comprehensive real-time threat detection, analysis, workflow and compliance management platform that is an undisputed global powerhouse in the Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) field.
- Actively participate in a team using agile methodologies to design, develop, enhance, maintain, and provide bug fixes for ArcSight ESM features which utilize shared libraries, tools, and scripts in an Object Oriented environment.
- Work closely with QA teams to address quality and usability issues in the product.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal and outsourced development partners regarding development status.
- Learn and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Java or a similar back-end programming language (e.g., C, C++)
- 2+ years of software development with enterprise-class software or related high-volume web application
- Experience in at least one of the JAVA Core technologies (J2EE, EJB, Servlets, Spring, Java Web Services creation)
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, SUSE) and Windows OS
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies and techniques
- Experience with source code management tools like Perforce or Git
- Experience with databases, especially MySQL
- Organized and process-oriented with ability to maintain excellent process/design documentation and reports.
- Bash scripting
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status