Jr Fullstack Go Developer
Script Care LTD
About Script Care Script Care, Ltd. is dedicated to providing expert services and innovative solutions that are highly effective, beneficial, and cost-efficient for our customers. Script Care, headquartered in Beaumont, TX, was founded in 1989, and operates as an independent Pharmacy Benefits Manager. We are growing our technical and customer support teams to keep pace with our enterprise client expansion. This expansion team will be based in Austin, Texas and is led by our CIO. We offer a competitive base salary, full benefits package and PTO and a stable yet growing work environment – the best of both worlds! If you are a technology and excellence driven Fullstack Software Engineer with a strong work ethic, looking for a high-performance team call home, we want to talk with you.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Script Care is seeking a Jr level Fullstack Developer, to work in our growing team based in Austin TX. This is a key opportunity to develop and maintain software applications spanning a wide range of operating systems, application platforms, languages, databases, web and backend services. This person will have a high impact on current and future business objectives via product development and legacy code maintenance. They will also gain experience working with other IT areas, including networking, systems and operations.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps maintain and takes responsibility for existing applications as well as contribution to mobile application development
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of new programs.
- Participates in the development of testing and monitoring systems.
- Provides the technical background and skills to perform in software design, development, documentation, and implementation.
- Monitors the availability and functionality of production systems.
- Recommends and implements security enhancements.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests for data analyses.
- Serves as a backup to various IT network, systems and operations personnel.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar discipline preferred
- Hands on experience writing code in a fullstack developer role in Go/ Golang (bootcamp and in school experience acceptable)
- Hands on experience writing code in a fullstack capacity in Python
- Strong team collaboration skills with a high degree of personal accountability
- Strong aptitude for problem solving and programming
DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Relational databases (SQL Server)
- Non-relational databases (Redis)
- Messaging platforms (NSQ)
- Cloud platforms (GCP)
- Pharmacy/pharmaceutical applications
- Financial applications
- Source repository (Git)
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Strong aptitude for programming and problem solving.
- Ability to provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as being able to work independently.