Junior Software Developer
Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
Atlanta, GA Full Time
13 days ago
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, develops personal, technical, and market domain knowledge and skills to become a highly skilled professional. Assists with challenging customer projects as needed.
- Supports other transaction security professionals with challenging customer projects, ensuring goals and objectives are met within an arranged time frame.
- Learns through observation and hands-on experience.
- Acquires a sense of the global transaction security business.
- Develops technical, personal, and market domain knowledge and skills.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Develop quality software and web applications
- Analyze and maintain existing software applications
- Design highly scalable, testable code
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Development experience with programming languages (Java & JS Preferred)
- SQL database or relational database skills
- Git, Servers, and database management understandings are a plus.