Olshan Properties is a 55-year-old privately held real estate developer, owner, and manager with a diverse portfolio of commercial and multifamily properties totaling approximately 25 million square feet. The integration of operations and investment management has earned Olshan Properties a reputation as one of the leading private owners of the commercial real estate. The company self-manages nearly all its investments and partnerships through its commercial residential, and hotel divisions. The company is headquartered in New York City and manages properties in 11 states with a staff of over 1,000 employees.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for providing job cost accounting support to the Staff Accountant.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coding and reconciling job cost accounts and projects
- Inputting and coding job cost invoices in Nexus
- Codes contracts submitted by Project Managers and gives to AP for entry into MRI
- Reviews monthly Job Cost Reports submitted by Project Managers and makes updates in MRI to reflect changes
- Removes closed jobs from active job cost reports after completion
- Enters Journal entries to close jobs or make adjustments to jobs
- Updates the current cost information on the Development Summary Report
- Enters and calculates developmental fees
- Collects backup documentation for MCI/J-51 filings
- Assists in the annual budgeting process for job cost projects
- Handles special projects and other duties as assigned
- Protect employer’s privacy and data, keep passwords safe
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate with others, identify problems and resolve potential conflicts
- Must be able to set priorities, plan, organize and accomplish tasks, often within strict time limitations and work well independently
- Possess excellent computer skills with an understanding of spreadsheets, word processing, database software and the internet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Accounting
- Minimum four years of experience in accounts payable and/or accounts receivable
- Knowledge of office software packages like Word, Excel, PowerPoint
As an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, MPI Management LLC dba Olshan Properties makes all hiring decisions based on an individual's qualification, and conducts all employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age or disability or other protected classes, as provided by applicable law.