Junior Software Developer
Who We Seek:
- Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
- Self-Starters. You’re a go-getter who isn’t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
- Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
- Collaborators. You’re a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement new software programs.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Design and update software databases.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Provide ongoing system and application maintenance and troubleshooting.
- 1+ years demonstrated experience in software development for web or mobile platforms.
- Strong experience with software development processes, agile and waterfall.
- Strong familiarity with software development design patterns, common data structures, and algorithms, profiling/optimization.
- Exposure to creating and consuming RESTful, Query, and hybrid APIs.
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both the end-user and the developer.
- Ability to estimate software development time and schedules in an agile environment.
- Ability to analyze and document complex system requirement specifications.
- Ability to develop software and subsystems according to specifications.
- Strong with source control systems (e.g. Git).
- Working experience in the software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance (Required)
- Ability to obtain Security + certification
- Valid WA Driver's License (Required)
- 2+ years of experience in cross-platform development using technologies such as React, and Cordova.
- Experience with JIRA, Git, Azure a plus.
- Strong experience using typescript.
- Strong experience using UML to develop software design documents.
- Ability to work across various computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS-x).
- Experience with machine learning.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies, such as Docker; and build technologies, such as Jenkins.
- Strong experience with REST services and Swagger documentation
Years of Experience: 1+
Minimum Education Required: Associate’s Degree
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a management, technology, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. Our team is present in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Visit www.attain.com/careers to explore your path forward with Attain.
Attain is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more Information on Equal Employment Opportunity visit EEO and EEO Poster Supplement.