Junior Software Engineer
L3Harris is looking for an Object-Oriented C++ developer responsible for developing applications for our distributed turn-key systems. Working under general supervision in a small team environment, your primary responsibility will be to modify, develop, and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code using good OOP/OOAD techniques for our systems
- Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- BS in Computer Science in CS and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Understanding of fundamental features of OOP/OOAD
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skill
- Graphics Design, GUI development, DirectX, etc. (Highly Desirable)
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- Good understanding of memory management, multicore processors, and distributed systems design.
- Experience with QT or other GUI frame work highly desirable
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions in PLC systems.
- Working knowledge of network communication protocols (EthernetIP, Profinet, Profibus, Modbus)
- Working knowledge of Networking and Switch programming (Dlink and Cisco)
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and NIST CyberFrameWork 800 specifications and controls
- Scripting languages such as Python, Java, Bash, Dos, etc.
- Advanced Degree preferred
Travel: Occasional travel to customer sites as required.