Junior UI Developer
General Dynamics Information Technology
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: NACI (T1)
Requisition Type: Pipeline
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. Our work depends on a UI Developer joining our team onsite in Windsor Mill, MD.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Writing standards-compliant, reusable, testable, and efficient front-end code for websites, web applications, and mobile solutions
- Designing and implementing low-latency, high-availability, and high-performance applications that adhere to security and data protection requirements
- Troubleshooting and debugging UI related issues
- Working closely with members of the development and testing teams to ensure that the front-end code can be effectively integrated with the technical solution in an Agile Software Development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience integrating micro services into large applications, including design, development, and testing through integration, using REST APIs/to develop Single Page Applications
- 1+ years of experience developing user interfaces from mock-ups and using responsive design
- Experience with build/SCM tools: Git, GitHub, Maven, Gradle, NPM
- Experience in incorporating reliable unit and end-to-end testing to UI frameworks such as Jasmine, Karma, Selenium.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, Scrum and Kanban, and with JIRA, managing Agile sprints and backlog
- Expert experience troubleshooting and debugging UI related issues
- Experience with 508 compliancy
- Candidate must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance and must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- US citizen or a Green Card holder
- Health Care Industry or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) experience
- Experience with Web application modules and technologies such as Java, J2EE and JSP
- Experience with Relational databases (Mysql; Postgres), related caching APIs (Redis; Varnish), and Docker
- Experience with continuous delivery and integration tools: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
- Demonstrated knowledge of OAuth token-based authentication protocol and Security Coding Standards.
- Working knowledge of 12 Factor Apps
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to integrate information from multiple sources
- Ability to work independently and interact regularly with government and non-government stakeholders at multiple levels of authority
- Works well as a team member in a fast-paced and often time-sensitive environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
our customer's mission.
Come join us and let's all succeed together!We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.