DevOps Engineer-Entry Level
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
Our DevOps team is responsible for supporting multiple products and development teams in automating infrastructure, build pipelines, deployment, and production support. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be involved in architecting, automating, and deploying Kibo’s products in AWS using CI/CD automation technologies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintaining mission critical day-to-day operations of the production processing platform and internal company resources including but not limited to:
- Windows and Linux servers
- Powershell, Python, Bash scripting
- IIS, Apache and Tomcat
- Application code deployment to Dev, Staging, Production environments
- Amazon Web Services (ec2, VPCs, WAF, RDS, etc..)
- Knowledge of Active Directory and DNS servers
- Backup and Monitoring Servers
- Configuration management – Chef, Jenkins, etc
- Continuous build and integration environments
- General network administration and troubleshooting
- System administration automation, scripting and documentation
- Backup, High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles
- System, Application and Network monitoring
- Occasional after-hours maintenance
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- Scripting skills with Bash, Python, or other a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Experience in IT field including server management and security and understanding of Linux deployment and support.
- Experience dealing with high uptime environments.
- Knowledge of hardening the Windows and Linux Operating Systems and closing security vulnerabilities associated with Internet facing servers.
- Candidate should have solid problem-solving skills, professional demeanor, willingness to contribute at all levels, strong technical skills, ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic and an ability to communicate effectively.
- 4-year degree in Information Technology or similar field preferred but not required