What You Will Do:
Mediaocean is searching for an entry-level developer to join our Development team in Chicago or New York. In this fast paced and dynamic role you will work closely with the development teams and product management to ensure that we are developing robust, reliable, and scalable software to maintain our position as a market leader.
- Participate in hands-on training sessions about development and write code
- Write, maintain, and document code using detailed technical specifications
- Support and enhance existing software, third-party products, and/or participate in the development of new software initiatives
- Perform unit testing and debug developed and/or modified code
- Assist in testing code developed by others and participating in basic code reviews.
- Fact-find and technical research
- Respond to straightforward disruptions of production systems in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a general understanding of programming principles, methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Learn and apply Mediaocean’s software development process
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (new graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Some technical aptitude in Java
- An interest in learning more about software and development
- Open communication style
- Able to work in a team environment
- Thinks critically and is strongly motivated to learn
- Familiarity with standard development tools such as IntelliJ Idea, Eclipse, SQL Developer, Jenkins is a plus.
- Familiarity with Spring, J2EE, SQL is a plus
- Familiarity with designing restful APIs is a plus.