2021, Intern, Behavior Generalist SWE
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local-delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve hard and ambiguous problems
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience programming in C++
It’s preferred if you have:
- Background in Probability / Statistics, ideally including experience with common data analysis and visualization libraries
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Robotics