Undergraduate Intern - Integration Engineer
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
First American’s Internship Program is a full-time paid internship that starts on June 14, 2021 and ends August 13, 2021. The Intern will work in a program designed to help college students gain experience and develop the technical, professional and interpersonal skills that will be invaluable throughout their career. As a First American Intern you will gain exposure to working in a corporate environment within the Financial/Title Industry—balanced with intern-specific activities, executive level presentations and networking opportunities—while under the close supervision and guidance of a manager and/or mentor. For this particular intern role, undergraduate students are assigned significant work assignments to support a specific business function within IT.
This is an Internship which will be a project-based role to gain varied experience on numerous software integration projects using MuleSoft integration platform, which may include development of API using the MuleSoft, integration of applications/services and also contribute to the operations by working on cloud based iPaaS (integration platform as a service) platform.
We are seeking College/University students enrolled in bachelor’s degree programs with strong OOPS programming concepts (Java/.Net programing exposure). Students preferred field of study in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/ Software Engineering or Information Systems
To qualify, candidates will possess the following:
- Proficiency in an understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with any application development language or platform
- Having strong knowledge in any object-oriented language like C++, Java or C#
- API programming exposure is plus
- The ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed
- An ingrained concern for the customer and representing our Company in the best professional manner
- The potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Willing to work on pacific time zone hours
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.