Intern - Application Developer/Engineer
Are you driven, hardworking, and seeking a challenging opportunity with a phenomenal company? Undergraduate & Graduate students are encouraged to apply for Acxiom’s Internship program. Students will be exposed to information technology at one of the world’s leading marketing technology companies.
- The internship will begin on May 24, 2021
- Our intention is to have interns work on-site in Conway, Arkansas if possible. However, your internship may begin virtually and could continue virtually for its entirety. We plan to transition interns to on-site work when teams transition back into the office, but we currently do not have a timeline for this transition
- 40 hours/week work dedication during summer and breaks, 20-25/week during the semester
- Anticipated graduation date no sooner than May 2022
What you will do:
- Gain knowledge and apply that knowledge to better understand requirements in order to build, improve, or integrate programs and processes for one or more Acxiom Internal Systems and/or applications
- Read and interpret application design and functional specifications to write application code
- Provide consultation on functional requirements and participate in reviewing code in code review sessions
- Identify and diagnose areas of maintenance, performance issues, and process improvement in custom internal web applications
- Monitor hardware and infrastructure for optimal performance (on-premises, and in public-private clouds)
- Research and remediate security vulnerabilities
- Support vendor provided SaaS platform, including configuring, and implementing new modules, features, or integrations based on business requirements
What you will need:
- Knowledge of relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server, and My SQL Server
- Exposure to/knowledge of Windows Server/IIS
What will set you apart:
- Experience with Linux/Apache
- SaaS and on-premises instances of application platforms like GitHub Enterprise, Atlassian Platform (BitBucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with or knowledge of managing infrastructure on public clouds like AWS, Azure
- Exposure to scripting languages like Python, PowerShell
- ITIL or any related certification
Who are we seeking?
- Top Talent & High Performers: We hire the brightest in the industry!
- Innovative Collaborators: We drive operational improvements to promote efficiency and improve performance.
- Future Leaders: We develop our people and promote from within.
- Game Changers: We empower people to challenge the status quo and explore new possibilities.
- Emotional Intelligence: We cultivate greatness both within ourselves and with others.
- Hardworking Employees: We look for initiative to conquer complex challenges.
We believe in building an awesome workplace where associates feel highly motivated and want to engage every single day. It’s important to Acxiom that we invest in our culture and promote a healthy work-life balance.
As a part of Acxiom, you will join a fast paced, high-performance culture where we empower our people to do innovative, cutting-edge work. You will always be guided to do what is right.
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.
Primary Location City/State:Conway, Arkansas
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics or other protected status.