Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2021 - 156032
- Work with project team to implement new requirements and features in our existing application.
- Demonstrating solutions by providing documentation, flowcharts, and clear code.
- Working in cross functional teams throughout our organization
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products.
- Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure, and technology platforms, including operation systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- B.S or Master’s in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electronics or related field
- Knowledge of embedded software development and design.
- Java or Smalltalk experience desired.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software implementation and design e.g.: Design Patterns and Finite State Machines
- Strong software engineering skills: modular design, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Source Control and Development life cycles.
- Analytical approach to root cause analysis
- Knowledge of multithreading (preemptive thread scheduling)
- Understanding of Networking/TCPIP
- Experience with real-time operating systems desired
- Experience in distributed embedded controls system desired
- Having critical thinking, problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Able to define a work plan, create presentations, documentation.
- Proficiency in using at least one or more programming language tools:
- C, C++
- One scripting language
Our work is everywhere you look – even if you can’t actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.