Intern - Software Engineering
Juniper is a leading provider of advanced routers and switches for the internet. We keep the world connected with speed, reliability, security, and ease of use. We believe in excellence and we strive to achieve that through employee motivation, training and teamwork within a collaborative and innovative culture.
The Juniper ASIC team is currently looking for a talented software engineer who can perform a diverse set of tasks including: Architecture modeling of complex high-performance networking ASIC’s in C++/SystemC, development of parsers and compilers, creation of test environments for ASIC architecture models, and ASIC verification at block, cluster and full chip level.
- Design, develop and maintain a complex C++ simulator of Networking ASICs
- Profile and optimize the C++ simulator
- Create highly efficient and reliable code, comprehensive unit tests and technical documentation
- Adhere to the software quality process through the execution of module, subsystem and system test procedures
- Collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams
- Strong knowledge of C++ and Python
- Solid understanding of software architecture, OOP, design patterns, UML
- Great debugging skills of complex C++ code
- Good understanding of memory management and multi-threaded systems
- Programming experience on Linux OS, Git, CMake, Bash
- Exposure to parsers and compiler development
- Expertise with C++ libs like Boost, ANTLR, SystemC, SQLite
- Exposure to Virtualization technologies, Docker and Kubernetes
- Exposure to Networking technology
Juniper’s University Talent Program (UTP) introduces next generation talent to Juniper’s workforce and provides talented students with an opportunity to develop professional experience at a world-class technology company. And it’s not hard to see why so many accomplished students have been compelled to spend their summers at Juniper!
Here at Juniper, UTP provides a comprehensive program that fosters professional as well as personal growth, thoroughly preparing its interns for the next step in their careers. Juniper internships are project-based, allowing interns to solve important problems, make lasting impacts on their teams, and contribute to the company’s overall objectives. They are mentored by some of the most talented and skillful innovators in the industry; they connect with transformative thought leaders who promote disruptive ideas in their field. Interns participate in constructive professional workshops, company-wide community service initiatives, and executive speaker series. They build lasting friendships, expand their network, and connect with colleagues from around the world.
At Juniper Networks, you will not only have opportunities to build real-life, hands-on work experience – you’ll also have the chance to learn from the best and lay the groundwork for a successful career.
Please note that Juniper's 2021 internship program will be conducted remotely. The location listed reflects the location of the team the intern will join, whereas the intern will work from their residence in the US.