2021-20 Summer or Part Time Intern
1st Edge is a growing business seeking top performers to join in our mission of developing Artificial Intelligence solutions for our Government customers. We offer technically advanced, challenging work in an employee-centered environment driven by the desire to contribute to a meaningful purpose. Our employees work closely with Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC).
We believe in a balanced, quid pro quo relationship between the company and its employees, providing all benefits at no cost plus generous time off. This balanced culture allows employees to do their best work and contributes to our extraordinary success rate. From an excellent benefits package to job autonomy with challenging work, 1st Edge cultivates an innovative and collaborative environment with meaningful work.
Based on the requirements of our Government contracts, you must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job. You also must be able to obtain with assistance, a secret security clearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Agile software development in small, fast-paced groups
- Participate in all software lifecycle phases
Essential job skills include:
- Knowledge of web application architectures and methods
- Artificial Intelligence theory and design
- Knowledge of data science development and parsing techniques
- Developing in a Windows environment (Windows 10)
- Familiarity with
- SW development tools – Git, Azure, Visual Studio, Docker, Jenkins, Clang, LLVM, gcc
- SW languages – C#, Python, R, C++, F#, JS, SQL
- SW Frameworks – DotNet Core, ML.Net, Tensor Flow, Pandas, ASPNetCore, node, bootstrap, react
- SW development methods – Scrum, Kanban, CI/DI
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Current pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.