Student Intern, IT Business Analyst
Tucson Electric Power
Tucson, AZ 85714 (Fairgrounds area)
17 days ago
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
We are currently seeking an individual for the position of Student Intern, IT Business Analyst in the Information Services Project & Business Management department. We are looking for an energetic addition to our team to assist with developing business requirements, process maps and related documents based on business area needs. Strong analytical skills are employed to understand business drivers, processes and needs in order to design effective solutions. Effective communication skills are essential.
- Gathers requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, document analysis, surveys, site visits, etc.
- Participates on project teams, assisting in requirements definition and process design.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the needed artifacts (e.g. process maps and documentation, business requirements documents, functional requirements, use cases, etc.)
- Assists in the IT Governance process, coordinating and facilitating document creating, vendor presentations and other elements as needed.
A Qualified candidate will:
- Pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Management Information System or equivalent with a graduation date of May 2023 or later.
- Class Level: Sophomore/Junior year of Bachelor’s degree program
- Ability to work 15-20 hours a week
- Process management and improvement focus
- Strong work ethic and personal initiative
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Ability to work across global cross-office teams
- Leadership experience that demonstrates initiative and planning
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Exposure to software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 - 20 hours per week during regular business hours; and up to 30 hours a week during the summer and school breaks
- Student Interns must maintain the required hours for full-time student status, good academic standing at their college or university, as defined by the college or university and the GPA required for graduation by their college or university.
- Failure to maintain full-time status, good academic standing and/or the requisite GPA will result in Student Interns being deemed ineligible for participation in this program.
- Student Interns are employed on a temporary basis and are generally not eligible for some benefits; including holiday pay.
- Scheduling of work hours and assignments should be made taking into consideration that Student Interns are students first and employees second.