Software Engineer, International Seller Experience
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
About the Team
Our mission on the International Seller Experience team is to make Etsy an attractive marketplace internationally. We are passionate about helping sellers join our platform and building the tools they need to make their products attractive to buyers across the globe. In the coming months, we will be focusing on an exciting project to reinvent the seller onboarding experience. Previously we have worked on pricing-related projects, such as regional sales functionality (allowing sellers to target discounted prices to specific countries), expanding supported buyer currencies through currency formatting, and helping sellers make listing prices more attractive and competitive across currencies and borders.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering teams and partners in product and design.
- Gain insights through research, data analysis, and our A/B tests.
- Push code to production early and often using our continuous deployment systems.
- Empathy, communication, and technical skill are valued equally.
- You are customer focused, build with a user in mind and think of infrastructure and services in product terms.
- You have a knack for organization and breaking down large problems into smaller ones.
- You are a strong communicator and are willing to take on a mentoring role with teammates and peers.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You enjoy thinking about the implications of your work on end users, and have an understanding of the various aspects involved in running a large-scale website.
- You believe in Etsy's vision of a people-led economy, and care about building the products that enable that economy.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.