Junior Automation Engineer
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Modern Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 400,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 200 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
Are you interested in working with some of the latest technologies that are changing the way products are being built and deployed, such at Kubernetes, containers and clouds? Do you like building SDLC pipelines enabling quick iteration, and high confidence in release quality? If so, we are looking for you
Our goal has been to invest heavily in our automation infrastructure to allow our team to confidently ship every two weeks! This will involve exploring various rapidly evolving tools and test ecosystems, building scalable self-service automation infrastructure, working at scale across different cloud providers, and having an end-to-end view of the entire development lifecycle.
- Working with BASH or another scripting language
- Design and implemented automation projects
- Familiarity with containerization, specifically Docker
- Build public cloud infrastructures using AWS, Google Cloud and others
- Support the software development life cycle (SDLC) with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Passion for building and supporting high-quality products and systems
- Effectively work across teams including engineering and product management to plan and prioritize your work
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written form
- BS or MS degree in computer science, engineering, other related technical fields, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have
- Have managed and built environments with Kubernetes and Docker
- Kubernetes certifications (CKA, CKAD)
- Building Helm charts for application deployments
- Integrating with open source logging (Fluentd) and monitoring (Prometheus) solutions
- Development experience with Go, Git, GitHub, Travis, etc.
- Previous startup experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.