Jr. Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
LESS, iOS, Android
2 months ago
Covid-19 Update: Business is booming and JetFuel is still growing! In an effort to help flatten the curve, we are conducting interviews for all candidates remotely until further notice. The entire team, including new hires, will resume working out of the San Francisco office once it is deemed safe to do so. Stay healthy and stay safe!
At JetFuel, we are building the creator economy by providing creators with the tools they need to grow, monetize and thrive in the digital advertising space. Today, this means building a best-in-class platform that provides monetization opportunities, strategies and data-driven content development tools to drive long term growth for our advertising partners and, most importantly, the creators.
About Product Engineering at JetFuel Engineering at JetFuel is different, by design. We are product engineers, first and foremost. We value shipping a product to our customers that creates an immediate and meaningful impact in their interactions with our platform. We place far less of an emphasis on using the most trendy engineering frameworks, technologies or topics - we prioritize user experience and the inherent value of iterating over purity of product. The product engineering team works in a highly collaborative environment with the business stakeholders, directly negotiating requirements without the added layer of a formalized product or program management department. Engineers join JetFuel for the focus on product, the ability to ship lots of products, fast, and the no-ego, level-disregarding collaboration that is fostered across the entire company. Our founders still actively push code and launch new features, we aim to embody the “no job is too small for me” mindset.
What You'll Do
- Work on the backend and data collection pipeline, build web scrapers and data collection tools
- Partner with the Growth, Media, Community, Creator and Advertiser Teams to ideate and execute nuanced features and products for the creator economy
- Drive and own the delivery of software components from inception to production
- Partner with fellow product engineers to review code and improve code quality
What You've Done
- Recent experience architecting, designing and implementing products within a new system or existing platform
- Shipped consumer-facing products, ideally mobile-first products with accompanying web applications
- Experience mentoring and developing engineers with or without a formal leadership title
- Meaningful exposure to mobile development challenges, enough to have opinions around technical choices that may cause downstream impacts to your own work
- Exposure to machine learning platforms
- Exposure to launching iOS and Android applications
- Experience working in an early-stage startup environment
Why join JetFuel?
Engineering at JetFuel is truly product engineering, not simply implementing what the business stakeholders request to hit milestones along a product roadmap. As an engineer at JetFuel, you will have meaningful and immediate input and impact across the technical platform and our overall business. Our core values truly reflect our actions, down to the speed of our interview process and commitment to having fun and enjoying the work we do.
Our Core Values
Do It, Yesterday
Find a Way
Do What Works
Enjoy The Ride
We believe in providing an inclusive environment that fosters psychological safety and freedom to fail, fast. To that end, we are excited and committed to providing a breadth of benefits and perks for our employees. A brief highlight of these benefits can be found below:
Comprehensive health, vision & dental plans
Unlimited vacation policy (we make sure you actually use it as well!)
Flexible work schedule
New work laptop of your choice and budget to set up your work-from-home office
Once we return, a goldfish friendly office!
JetFuel promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone.