Junior Accessibility Frameworks Engineer - Appl...
C, C++, Swift, iOS
Jr.DevJobs Estimate: $64,000
2 months ago
Posted: Jul 13, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us. The Vision Products Group (VPG) is looking for an Accessibility Engineer to help us explore, define, and build accessibility solutions for the next generation of interactive computing for our platform. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to work with some of Apple's most advanced technologies (AR, ML, CV) to help create empowering solutions for all users, regardless of their physical abilities.
- Experience writing AR or iOS applications
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
- Excellent cross-functional and communication skills
- Excitement to build software that makes a tangible difference in peoplesʼ lives!
Apple strives to make the newest technologies accessible for those with vision, hearing, motor, or cognitive challenges. The work we do ensures that all users will be surprised and delighted, regardless of ability. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams including application teams, framework teams, research teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple. Critical thinking and the ability to innovate are requirements for this position, however no prior experience with accessibility software is required. You'll join a small and focused team with an opportunity to define and prove brand new accessibility concepts and experiences.
Education & Experience
BS / MS in Computer Science OR equivalent degree AND between 0-1 years of professional work experience.
- Knowledge of either UIKit or AppKit APIs.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages and related development tools: ObjectiveC, Swift, C++, or C
- Experience with assistive technologies is nice to have, but not required.
- Experience using accessibility APIs on any platform is helpful, but not required.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $55.81 and $84.08/hr, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.