Junior Software Engineer - Web
Learn what keeps Kapsch “always one step ahead” in people and technology by visiting our website https://www.kapsch.net/us/ktc
The Role :
As part of the web development team, you will be enhancing and maintaining our rich web-based application that provides dashboard, management, and maintenance capabilities for our toll road operations globally.
The applications are mission-critical transaction processing systems, and the UI provides real-time and historic information about the system. It manages business intelligence, maintenance, reporting, and customer service. Our web developers have tremendous opportunity to engage in both design and implementation – we expect the entire team to become experts in our business space, and to impress and delight our customers.
We perform deadline-focused, project-based work using a generic core that is customized/extended for individual customers.
What we are looking for:
- 1+ years of experience with any scripting language (Python, Node.js, etc.)
- Modern HTML/CSS tools and practices (Single page apps, responsive design, etc.)
- Superior English writing and communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills and improve existing ones
- Strong experience with React and/or Angular
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field OR commensurate work experience
Our top Candidates will have:
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented programming and concepts
- Experience with version control systems such as git
- Linux Administration/Management/Familiarity, including configurations
- Experience with ES6 and Node.js is a plus
- Great eye for layout and design
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.