Junior Software Developer - Biotechnology High ...
Henry M Jackson Foundation For The Advan
Join the HJF Team !
HJF is seeking a Junior Software Developer to support the Army Medical Research and Development Command's Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute (BHSAI) located in Frederick, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to BHSAI.
The BHSAI mission is to develop computational solutions to accelerate the research and development of militarily relevant medical products for Force Health Protection. The Institute collaborates with life scientists within and outside the Department of Defense (DoD) to develop and integrate computational biology and medical informatics applications into research programs focused on improving the medical protection and care of our military personnel.
The highly skilled software developer will create and maintain a wide variety of software solutions to support life science research areas. We are looking for Full Stack Developers with expertise and interests in a broad range of areas, including the following: systems programming, web and mobile app development, writing scientific code for parallel processing and developing visualization solutions for complex scientific data. We need versatile candidates who are willing to work on diverse exciting projects, proactive about exploring and adopting latest software technologies, and enthusiastic about solving problems across full-stack.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages, such as Java, Python, C, or C++.
- Hands on experience in professional or open source software development in one or more of the following areas: web-based applications using Java Platform, Android/iOS applications, and graphical user interfaces.
- Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL.
- Experience working independently on all stages of systems development life cycle.
- Experience using a source code version control system, such as Git.
- Knowledge of DevOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux system administration.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 0-2 years of experience required. Hands on experience in professional or open source software development in one or more of the following areas: web-based applications using Java Platform, Android/iOS applications, and graphical user interfaces.
Background/Security: Must have lived in the U.S. 3 out of the past 5 years; eligible to pass a NACI background.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Less than 2 year(s): 0-2 years of experience required. Hands on experience in professional or open source software development in one or more of the following areas: web-based applications using Java Platform, Android/iOS applications, and graphical user interfaces.
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)