Junior Full Stack Developer
As a Junior Full Stack Software Engineer with Octo, you will join an Agile program responsible for the development, maintenance, security, and operational support of new and existing applications. You are a cross-functional DevOps Engineer skilled in developing open source, cloud-ready, microservice based applications using serverless frameworks. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You are agile, fearless, enthusiastic, empathic, and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
This program will support the agency’s Information Technology mission to provide development and operational support of new and existing legacy mission-enabling applications. The team will work to modernize current applications by breaking them down into loosely coupled micro-services and leveraging a continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline to enable an agile DevOps Strategy.
- Responsible for the design, development, and engineering of REST and SOAP web services
- Responsible for using best practices, such as unit test integration, to ensure high code quality standards are met
- Responsible for following the team’s established Agile processes which include supporting both short and long-term planning, cross-functional support, and demonstrating working software
- Experience with programming and software development
- Experience designing and implementing automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting platform
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines; including technologies such as Jenkins and Github
- Working knowledge of cloud services
Years of Experience: 1+ year of relevant experience