Junior Java Developer
Greenwich, CT Full Time
Jr.DevJobs Estimate: $57,993
14 days ago
Interactive Brokers's Marketing team is looking to hire a high-energy, self-starting Java software engineer. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows. Our engineers work with latest technology, command respect in the firm, and have competitive compensation packages.
Interactive Brokers (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 100 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 657,000 trades per day . Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast paced, results oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
The successful candidate will be part of a team which is responsible for all facets of the software development project’s life cycle. Responsibilities include but not limited to design, code, implementation, testing, reporting, documentation, deployment, and debug operations. Projects will include both front-end and back-end development in our PortfolioAnalyst, EmployeeTrack and Account Management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 0-3 years of experience as a web application developer
- 0-3 years of experience in Java technologies (Core, Servlets)
- 0-3 years of experience with SQL
- Knowledge of XML, JSON, CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of AngularJS, jQuery and AJAX
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Must be highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail