Jr. Developer (Java)
Morrisville, NC Full Time
6 days ago
JAGGAER is the world's leading provider of comprehensive source-to-pay solutions. Some of the largest Commercial, Manufacturing and Life Sciences companies in the world trust JAGGAER with billions of dollars of annual spend. Additionally, JAGGAER is the leading procure-to-pay provider in the Higher Education and Government sectors. JAGGAER eProcurement and strategic sourcing customers across the globe have gained access to the best suppliers, with the best terms, on our scalable, customizable, user-friendly platform. Our SaaS-based, source-to-settle solution provides unparalleled visibility, insights and recommendations to procurement leaders and suppliers. The result is a fluid supply chain driven by powerful spend analysis, comprehensive contract management and efficient accounts payable solutions.
We are seeking a Jr. Developer to join one of our Product Development Teams. Our Product Development Teams use agile software development principles to build great products that serve the needs of our customer base– gathering and reviewing user requirements, database and application design, coding, testing, maintenance, internal and external customer training and product rollout.
The developers on the team contribute primarily through programming expertise, but are expected to be an integral part of all team activities. Additionally, developers are expected to work with other Product Development Teams to ensure continuity of architecture and design.
As a Junior Developer, we expect you will learn about JAGGAER’s business, our customers and our technology. You will have access to more experienced developers who are willing to share the lessons that they have learned and are interested in your fresh perspectives on all manner of things (technical and otherwise). You will start building production ready software right away.
- Participate in user story creation and sprint planning activities.
- Design, code, test and debug software during our agile, sprint based releases using documented user stories and close team communication as a guide.
- Use “good coding hygiene” (e. g., solid unit testing practices, object oriented design, responsible refactoring, etc.) to ensure that you are building good quality software.
- Define and implement technical direction for your team’s projects.
- Lead the team toward crafting new user experiences that exceed customer expectations
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Contribute to our library of development components and frameworks.
- Participate in usability studies with our customers.
- Troubleshoot and maintain production code (but you will appreciate the Production Support Development team for handling the day to day fires that pop up).
- 1+ years of experience developing software is desired.
- Knowledge of XML, JSON and other web programming technologies preferred.
- Experience with object orientated programming.
- Knowledge of relational databases, database design and SQL.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
About Our Benefits
JAGGAER offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics. We offer a generous benefits package including employee and family health, dental and vision coverage, reimbursement accounts for eligible medical expenses; company-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits; retirement plan with company match and generous paid time off benefits. Additional benefits include education and well-being reimbursements.
JAGGAER is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.