Junior Backend Developer
Q4Launch is an inbound marketing company that helps businesses and organizations get found online. We convert online traffic into leads and sales. Q4Launch specializes in Internet marketing, blogging, social media marketing, hospitality marketing, e-commerce and web design.
The Junior Backend Developer supports the company’s software support and development process which includes debugging issues within production websites, creating local and staging development environments, building out new features and enhancements as well as maintaining existing customer functionality in coordination with Customer Success Managers (CSM), and management through assigned tasks. The Junior Backend Developer also assists in improvements to the current development framework by identifying deficiencies and suggesting updates to management. Experience with WordPress is highly preferred.
YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU:
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed documentation
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices to optimize the web development
- Develop and deploy new features and enhancements to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Must work independently, high energy level, and a sense of humor are essential.
- Must work cooperatively with fellow Q4Launch employees
- Advocate and follow the Q4Launch core values daily.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or professional client work experience equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, PHP, JS, XML, GIT, SSH in a LAMP environment
- HTML and CSS fluency
- Familiar with Bootstrap Framework
- SSH, Linux experience a plus
- WordPress plugin / widget development a plus
- Advanced Custom Fields experience a plus
- Ability to read and write in other Full Stack of coding languages a plus
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend, and climb for up to 10 hours a day.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with management, fellow employees and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write English to accurately complete all documentation.