Rapid Prototype Developer / Jr-Mid App Developer
The Rapid Prototype Developer will be responsible for building prototype applications and designs for internal products and solutions that are leading and changing the legal industry. This position will work directly with internal clients to gather requirements, create intelligent designs, and prototype new applications using a cutting edge, low code development platform.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create solutions from business requirements utilized in house by attorneys and professional staff following good architecture principles.
- Collaborate with internal clients to gather requirements, create prototypes, and delivery across design phases.
- Collaborate with external vendor with low code development platform (Outsystems).
- Code editing and bug fixing utilizing the Integrated Development Environment (Visual Studio).
- Collaborate with the team and gather feedback from internal stakeholders on design and functionality.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This job requires:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of experience designing visually engaging data, UX Design, or Application Design experience.
- Experience in requirements gathering or management of internal stakeholders is preferred.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, brief correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present routine information in one-on-one or small group situations.
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Proficient with HTML5 and CSS3 and understanding of how design decisions impact development.
- Proficient in SQL and understand SQL indexes and its impact on performance.
- Preferred REST & SOAP experience, including REST & SOAP API’s and integrations.
- Experience with development languages, including C#, Java, Python, or PHP.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Eclipse, or another IDE.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- This job has no certificate, licenses or registration requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and may occasionally be required to move about. The employee is also regularly required to use a computer, involving substantial movements of the wrists, hands and fingers. The employee is also required to regularly communicate with others.
- The employee may also occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions – 1-866-963-7137 / [email protected]
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions – [email protected]
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.