Application Developer Jr
Public Health Management Corporation
The focus of this role is on the development of new application code in accordance with PHMC’s Application Change Management procedures. This role is also responsible for the successful development, enhancement, and maintenance of Client/Server, and Web applications. Successful candidate will accomplish this by using established software development processes and project methodologies to solve complex technical problems and organize workload. Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members and management in general and with direct regard to the progress of assignments, project task timelines, issues, and contingencies.
This is a full-time exempt position with a regular work schedule of five days and 40 hours/week. Work Hours described as Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm. This position may be required to work some evenings and Saturdays during peak periods. Work primarily performed at 1500 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA.
- Produce work estimates and technical specifications from documented business requirements for IT Management review.
- Participate in system design, analysis, and other process functions as required by management.
- Performs coding according to technical specifications and development standards.
- Responsible for setting unit test criteria, test plans, and debugging of code.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Responsible for working with business analysts, support specialists, and the user community to confirm functionality of application is consistent with business requirements.
- Work with management to develop delivery estimates and provide updates as requested.
- Responsible for the delivery of product according to established timelines.
- Communicates status through the development cycle to the manager.
- Required to keep abreast of new technologies through training, and proactive research and reading reference materials.
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed in current project management / work effort software (PSA)
- Track, communicate & manage contemplated change notices and change orders (changes in the scope of work)
- Be accountable for time and all work efforts entered in PSA
- Communicate ideas for improving department processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Keep IT management and others informed about work efforts and challenges that may affect business relations
- One to Two years of professional experience equivalent to a Programmer or Systems Analyst required
- Application Development skills, including database, client/server, and web.
- Ability to work across multiple development platforms and frameworks (.NET, Java, Scala, C++, c’, PLAY, LAMP, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in technology major from an accredited institution of higher learning or equivalent experience
- Information Technology related certifications, focus on programming languages
- Commensurate with education and experience.
- Grade 21