Jr. Java Developer / Apps Programmer/Analyst 2
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Problem Solver
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employer Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
From achieving sustainable homeownership, managing credit, purchasing a car to financing college, Wells Fargo Consumer Lending cares about our customers. Today, our diversified team provides home lending, auto loans, and student loans to more than 30 million customers. Every day we focus on providing guidance, advice and tools to assist our customers with making informed decisions for selecting the right products and services to satisfy their financial needs and help them succeed financially.
In this position as an Application Programmer Analyst 2, you will provide technical support and maintenance for computer applications and programs. Under general direction, you’ll use diagnostic tools and/or vendor specifications to troubleshoot moderately complex computer application problems to maintain or restore service or data to programs, resolves moderately complex issues or escalates as needed to meet established service level agreements.
This position will be an integral part of the overall CORE team in Consumer Lending Technology group within Enterprise Information Technology. CORE team is primarily focused in the development and support of loan origination and fulfillment platform for Wells Fargo Home Lending. This is an exciting group that is ever changing and growing. This position is an exciting opportunity for a junior technology professional wanting to not only contribute excellent code but also develop and extend an existing web-based application, business integration services and general coding standards, techniques, and procedures in a cutting edge development environment that is focused on the next generation development platform within Wells Fargo. The successful candidate in this position will be responsible for the day to day application of proven patterns and practices. The ideal candidate for this role must have the ability to adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner. Must be willing to leverage existing development best practices to drive measurable results.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in preparing programming specifications and completes programming tasks to maintain or modify current programs or to develop less complex computer programs.
- Analyze low to moderately complex business requirements and designs and assist in writing technical specifications.
- With guidance, you’ll test and debug applications and programs.
- Writing queries or code to extract data and/or validate data loads.
- Updating related documentation and procedures.
- Understanding BCP, quality, security and compliance requirements for supported areas and assists in testing the business continuation plan.
- Completing required logs and reports.
Please note: This position can be based at the Wells Fargo site location(s) in Charlotte NC and Des Moines IA (preferred). Relocation assistance will not be provided. Applicants should reside in or around the target area(s) or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/
- 1+ year of application development and implementation experience
- 1+ year of Java experience
- An AA/AS degree or higher in science or technology
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- 1+ year of Spring experience
- 1+ year of Hibernate experience
- 1+ year of SQL experience
- 1+ year of Oracle experience
- 1+ year of design pattern experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Web Services
- Knowledge and understanding of JMS (Java Message Service)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience working on one or more UI technologies like AngularJS, JQuery, Dojo, JSP, JSF etc.
- Experience with the SDLC utilizing either Agile, Iterative and/or Waterfall methodologies
- Experience in performance improvement of the application
- Mortgage domain knowledge is a plus
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.