Junior Backend Software Engineer
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the globe? If you’re passionate about joining our purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
Like to shake things up? We do!
eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world.
This position will focus on quality backend development on our service stack. The candidate should have a strong understanding of creating Unit, and Integration tests to validate featured development.
- Java, Jenkins, Mongo
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organized, multi-disciplinary agile/lean teams;
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person;
- Work with cool modern technologies such as Scala, Java, Kotlin, Node.js, Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and more in a fast-evolving Microservices architecture;
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, all the coffee and soda you can drink, and much more);
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Marketplaces and across eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like Machine Learning, AI, DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others;
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work;
What we’re looking for:
- Java, Jenkins, Mongo, API creation
- Experience with backend service development
- Test driven development;
- Agile methodologies;
- Affinity for e-Commerce;
- Experience working in teams of 5-8 engineers.
- 2 years of experience
Preferably you have a degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.